Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sand Eel


It has been really crazy around here and I haven't had time to make a blog post in about two weeks, ugh! Sorry about that!

Today I received a care package from my friend Bob Popovics. He sent me packs of his new FLEYE FOILS, and let me tell you they are really cool! On the paper they appear to be nothing more than stickers, but one placed on a streamer and then covered with acrylic and cured they "POP"! Pardon the pun Bob ;)

Upon receiving the FLEYE FOILS I promptly tied up this sand eel, which I wanted to share with you.  The dressing is relatively simple; the trick to keep surf candy style patterns looking awesome is to not over dress them.  If you have any questions please do send in a comment, I love hearing from everyone.

I hope you enjoy this fly and do yourself a favor and check out these great new products!

Sand Eel

Hook: Standard saltwater (the one pictured was tied on a size #2)
Thread: Danville's mono
Belly: White Unique hair
Lateral line: 3 strands of pearl Flashabou
Underwing: Chartreuse Unique hair, very sparse
Wing: Olive Unique hair
FLEYE FOIL Medium sand eel style
Coating: TUFFLEYE Flex

No comments:

Post a Comment