Monday, April 9, 2012

Shea's Bucktail Deceiver

My daughter has been enamored with fly tying since before she could walk. I recall one afternoon when I was sitting at my tying desk working away when suddenly there were tiny fingers and someone was standing beside me watching.
Yup, it was Shea! She had pushed a wooden box I kept feathers in over to my
desk and climbed on top of it and managed to balance herself so she could
watch me tie. She was only twelve months old!

Over the years she has spent time at the desk herself with bobbin in hand, tying
away. In the early days she tied flies with scraps of materials. It was very cute!
She is now nearly eleven years old and can tie very nice flies! She created
the egg pattern she named "Three Scoops Please" which was a huge hit this
steelhead season.

Pictured below is her two most recent flies, Bob Popovics' Bucktail Deceivers!
Both are tied on a small HMH tube and are completed with a Eumer large brass
cone. She did a brilliant job for her first attempt tying tube flies with cone heads!

Well done, sweetheart ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment