Monday, April 16, 2012

Flies & flus!

Unfortunately, I got hit with the family flu this week and so I've not been working much. I tied a few flies last night to post in place of a proper posting. My apologies!

Just to give you a sense of how out of it I've been, last night, after tying the watermelon, I forgot to put away my grizzly cape.  This morning, I found it shredded under the couch... thanks to my crooked little dog.

I have a canoe to look at this week which is exciting. We are going to be having guest bloggers very soon at Flies of Fancy, which is rock & roll. And we are going to be having a giveaway next week so keep an eye out for that!

Your sick tying chick!
Nikki



Gold PB&J

Hook: Standard Saltwater
Thread:  Olive
Tail:  EP or similar fibers with gold angel hair
Body:  EP or similar fibers with gold angel hair in a dubbing loop. After wrapping the body, brush the materials out very well and trim to desired shape.






Pink PB&J

Hook:  Standard Saltwater
Thread:  Hot pink
Tail:  EP or similar fibers with gold angel hair
Body:  EP or similar fibers with gold angel hair in a dubbing loop. After wrapping the body, brush the materials out very well and trim to desired shape.





Watermelon

Hook:  Standard Saltwater or tube (Right: tied on hook, left tied on a tube)
Thread:  Chartreuse
Tail:  White Icelandic sheep fur with pearl angel hair
Body:  Alternate using the following formula: Top: chartreuse Icelandic sheep with chartreuse angel hair, topped with 12-15 strands peacock herl with one magnum grizzly feather each side. The feather should flare out. Icelandic sheep fur on bottom. Repeat this process at least three times working your way towards the head. Use red Icelandic sheep fur in place of the white at the head.
3D or lead eyes optional



No comments:

Post a Comment